View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #112
KoolTennisKid
New User

I Apologize T.W. for my late review, because honestly i did not get much playing time with these strings, please excuse me.
Tension used for playtest- 52lbs
Regular string set up-My Regular string set up is Luxillon 4G string at 52lbs.
Racquet brand and model used for test-I use a Wilson Prostaff six one 95, with 5g's of lead at 12 and 6-8g's of lead at the handle
Power of test string-Very low power!! even for me, and i love low powered strings
Feel-i think this is mostly where this string did the best, slighty boardy but still good, able to slice and dropshot with ease
Spin-Ehhhhhhh nothing special, same old same old spin as some other polys
Comfort-not soft or plush like 4g, but ok, no elbow or arm problems
Durability-ive never broken a poly, so yeah it held up perfectly
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)-another little area where this string did good, i played for about 7ish hours and it was the same thoughout the whole playtest
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)-FAST AND HARD STROKES NEEDED!! control was good, but dangit i had to be on my game ALL THE TIME, and if i let go for a second it would go short
Compare to the string you use most often-totally different i'd say, not as spinny, or comfortable, and the power is even lower than my string. Feel i'd say is a little similar except for the boardy feeling
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)- honestly i feel like i would string this string at like 40lbs!!! stringing it low would compensate for the low power and the weird/unique feeling of the string
Summary:- not my favorite string ive played with, would recommend it with gut in the mains probabaly to make up for mostly power and spin. Seems like this would be a low cost string if it goes out on the market
Thank you Gamma and T.W. for this playtest, and i hope to review more strings if you wil allow me (sorry again T.W. for the late review!!!)