View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #54
LuckyR
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
Look, you genuis's....
Studies are used to promote the stuff they're trying to use on you, so they can make even MORE money.
Studies can be manipulated to achieve any result they want
For once, try using your brains.
Say you have 500 antibodies working for you right now. For an elderly person, who might be sick, he has maybe 300 of 'em.
Now introduce your vaccination shot, and it takes 100 of 'em to fight it, figure it out, do whatever is needed... meanwhile, only 200 to fight off other diseases, sicknesses, whatever is already wrong thru age.
Maybe YOU can afford 100 to deal with the vaccination shot, but old farts only have 200 left, not enough to deal with everyday problems.
You might be great with books, with research, but you don't know logic and living.

If your bolded statement was correct, then I certainly hope you are not arguing that random citizens without specialty training in the subject involved have superior expertise when compared to those who do. Or to put it another way, whatever the bias involved in University research, and I agree with you that it is not zero, certainly the bias/error of random Tennis Warehouse posters is at least an order of magnitude greater.

As to the rest of your post, I'll use your nomenclature:

If you have 500 antibodies available to you right now, it is because of the 900 total antibodies you have, 400 are being used for various random antigens that enter your body all day, every single day from an infinite number of sources. True, you could use 5 of the 500 to deal with your flu shot (and increase the number being used to 405), but the benefit that the corrupt and money-driven evil Pharma Empire tricks us into thinking exists is felt to be worth that limited drop. Remember antibodies by their nature are extremely specific, that's why it is ridiculous to suppose that some high percentage of your antibodies would respond to a single exposure. For example, your chickenpox antibodies don't care if you are exposed to a cold sore, different virus, different antibodies.
LuckyR is offline   Reply With Quote