Thread: Brad Baughman
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #579
Soianka
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterbill View Post
Wrong information again....this time about 2-3 SAT Subject tests being required, and a separate Subject Test requirement for home schoolers

I would encourage anyone who has the urge to post college application requirements to post them correctly or resist the urge to post.

Below is the link to Harvard's application FAQs. Similar links for other colleges are readily accessible. In particular,

Which SAT Subject Tests should students take?

To satisfy our application requirements, applicants must take two SAT Subject Tests. Students should not submit two Subject Tests in mathematics to meet this requirement. Candidates whose first language is not English should ordinarily not use a Subject Test in their first language to meet the two Subject Tests requirement. . Applicants may wish to convey the breadth of their academic interests by taking tests in different subjects. All students are encouraged to submit additional Subject Tests (which may include one in a student’s first language), Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate test results, or any other evidence of the breadth and depth of their academic accomplishments.

http://www.admissions.college.harvar...ly/faq.html#10

It is well known that applicants who were home-schooled are encouraged or required to submit more subject tests than regular applicants.

Most, if not all, Ivys require 2 subject tests from all applicants and certainly encourage more for applicants who were home-schooled.

Excuse me for misstating "2-3" subject tests.

The requirement was recently lowered to only 2 subject tests, so congrats, you got me there.

Here in the info from Yale's website:

Quote:
Home-schooled applicants complete the same application as other students and must fulfill the same testing requirements. Because home-schooled students may lack standard measures of academic performance, they must try to provide comparable information in different ways. Here are a few suggestions for home-schoolers as they approach the application process:

Standardized test scores hold relatively more weight for home-schooled applicants. If you are a home-schooler and you feel confident about your ability to do well on the exams, we advise you to demonstrate your abilities in various areas by taking more than the required two SAT Subject Tests.
Finally, I would encourage you, Mister Bill, to be accurate in what you post rather than being so overly eager to always correct others.

Last edited by Soianka : 09-28-2012 at 01:39 PM.