View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
isilra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limpinhitter View Post
A general rule on court positioning is that you want to bisect your opponents potential angles - position yourself at the inverse area of the court that the ball is coming from. If the ball is coming from your left, position yourself equally to your right. If the ball is coming from your right, position yourself equally to your left. If the ball is coming from the middle, position yourself in the middle. However, there may be important exceptions to this generall rule. For example, if you have a weakness you want to protect, cheat to that side. If your opponent has a primary target that you have figured out, cheat toward that target. Knowing when and how much to do this is a matter of experience.

Concerning singles tennis tactics and shot selection, below are several posts that I have posted in the past, in response to similar questions that you ask here, that I've pasted together and reposted many times. No point in reinventing the wheel. I hope you read through it and find it helpful. If you have any questions, please ask.
This makes everything clear, thank you very much. When opening the thread, i was mostly thinking about the shot selections in different situations and your post helped me a lot with it.
isilra is offline   Reply With Quote