View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #82
floridatennisdude
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzlmcwizzl View Post
Related question .... you play a match and you are in the middle when you have a rain delay. You end up resuming the match at a different court on another day. Who chooses the side you will begin the next day on?

Obviously the server is determined if you are in the middle of a set, but which side he will serve from is not ... so who chooses?

Also related ... lets say you resume the match on exact same court but the next morning ... so the sun has moved and the "bad side" has switched to the other side of the court. Are you required to start from the same sides of the court since it is the same exact court? (thinking mostly about doubles here)
To your first question, I found myself in a unique situation. In Florida, we get pop up thunderstorms basically every day. We were playing a match into the second set when a cloud burst. I looked to the west and saw it was perfectly clear so I suggested we move to a different club (mine). All parties agreed so we did. This simple solution created a dilemma. A tree blocked the sun better at my club. Also, the courts are at a slightly different angle and so the tail wind was now more of a cross wind.

However, in an official match I believe it is supposed to be at the same site and on the same court.

As to your last question, I believe it is irrelevant. Just like pro match rainouts or suspension of play due to darkness. You return to the same court and resume at the exact point the play was suspended.
floridatennisdude is offline   Reply With Quote