View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
kdurham
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin View Post
That could be a good and or bad thing. When stringing if your table wobbles any you do not have your gripper, grommet, and the turntable pivot point lined up in a straight line. If you are stringing a prince with O ports and not pin hole grommets that's a good thing but every prince has a few grommet holes. If you have a normal racket I don't think it is such a good thing. If the brake holds the frame off so there is a greater angle or bend of the string than there should be you have more friction and therefore less tension.

if I had one of those I would want something so I could disengage the brake. For most rackets you DO NOT NEED OR WANT THE BRAKE so it would be better to have the brake set up so you could engage in manually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themitchmann View Post
It doesn't lock immediately: it pulls for a moment first, then engages. I actually think its a cool feature. I'm guessing it can probably be disengaged, but I don't know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themitchmann View Post
All you would need to do is hold the table until it locked.
JUST RECEIVED THE MANUAL. REGARDING THE AUTO BREAK FUNCTION IT READS: "The machine has an AUTOBRAKE feature which will lock the turntable each time tension is pulled on the machine, then release the turntable when tension is released.
To remove AUTOBRAKE, push and hold the BRAKE button for few seconds,
In the Manual mode, the turntable can be locked / unlocked each time the BRAKE button is pushed.
To return to AUTOBRAKE, push and hold the BRAKE button for few seconds."