View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Thumbs up Head Xtremesoft Overgrip

I think I might have found a new favorite overgrip. I received a sample 3-pack of Head Xtremesoft (white) as a door prize for entering a tournament. Now that I've tried it, I might actually switch to it after my stash of Yonex Supergrap runs out. Here's why I like it:

- It is very thin and light. This has to be one of the thinnest overgrips on the market. It's probably even thinner than Wilson Pro. If you want an overgrip that doesn't change the size of your grip and you want to feel the bevels, this is a good one to try. If you're into racquet customization, and you want to minimize the weight contribution of the overgrip, that is another good reason to get it.

- Good traction. It's a little more rubbery feeling that Supergrap, and the rubbery feeling seems to give Xtremesoft better traction. Because it's so thin, it doesn't give you the rubbery old tire feeling of Prince ResiPro.

- It was a humid day today, and I never felt as if the grip was in danger of slipping out of my hand. It's definitely better than Wilson Pro in humid conditions, and it seems to be slightly better than Supergrap. I don't think it's as good as Tourna or Viper-Dry in humid conditions, but those grips don't have the thinness and feel that this one does. It will be interesting to see how it does when next summer comes around.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Last edited by Ramon : 09-30-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote