View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadowsk2 View Post
Bottom line: If you have Tendinosis, you're looking at needing to COMPLETLY STOP playing tennis, and all other aggravating conditions for an extended period of time on average of 6-12 months. This assumes you aggressively treat the tendinosis with proper eccentric excerises (above and beyond simply using the flex bar).. Tendinons simply do not heal rapidly once the damage is done most notably because of minimal blood flow to the tendon... Switching to a different racquet / string setup is 100% completely irrelevant when recovering from tendinosis... The setup may prove useful once you;re completely healed, but it wont get you back playing anyone sooner... Again, this is all predicated on the fact that you have tendinOSIS and NOT tendinITIS. I myself have been diagnosed with tendinosis since early July and I'm hopefuly I can start playing again in March... Every day activities are fine, but if I start swinging a racquet I can "feel" its there... there is NO miracle cure unfortuantely other than good old fashion aggressive PT and rest.
So if I get a papercut I need to go to the emergency room? Give me a break!

While it's not good to tell someone not to go to a doctor if he has an injury, it's also unreasonable to tell someone to take 6-12 months off without knowing anything about his condition other than he feels pain while hitting a forehand.

No need to scare the guy into thinking it's doomsday. He even says it's not severe. If it was that bad, I think he would know it. I tore a tendon in my ankle once. Believe me, I knew it!

Last edited by Ramon : 10-01-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote