View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
dangalak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeljones View Post
Obvious question: where is Lindsay Davenport?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNELKE View Post
Davenport had the smoothest shotmaking abilities I have ever seen on the WTA Tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRII View Post
Out of the women you chose (somewhat randomly it seems like); Sharapova hits the heaviest off the ground, but Azeranka hits the ball earlier (almost as early as Seles did).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalAgassi View Post
Li Na
Sharapova
Graf
Seles
Henin
Clijsters
Kuznetsova
Dementieva
Ivanovic
Capriati
Azarenka

Would be my order I guess
Quote:
There is no way Graf is so far behind Seles in power as you have her. Even when Seles was dominating the game she was flat out overpowered by Graf in some one sided losses at Wimbledon 92, U.S Hard Courts 91, most of the match at Hamburg 91, having way less winners, and being bullied around the court by Graf's serve and forehand power. So to have them that far apart is impossible.

Also there is no way Dementieva, Azarenka, Ivanovic, and Clijsters are more powerful than Graf. Ivanovic's only powerful shot is her forehand, and even that is far less than Graf's was. Ivanovic the biggest forehand, LOL, Kvitova, Na, and Serena can all shred her off that side, even a 33 year old semi retired mommy Davenport did. Azarenka and Dementieva have only moderately good power at best.
Quote:
This is a wierd list as it doesnt include Serena, Venus, Davenport, Kvitova, Pierce, Lucic, who arguably all hit harder than anyone on the original list. Even Huber, Majoli, Maggie Maleeva, Myskina, Barbara Schwarz, Kimiko Date, Tulyganova, Nadia Petrova, and others hit harder than some of the women on the OP list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizo View Post
Agreed. Azarenka especially was a strange choice to have on a list like this.

Obviously winning junior slams doesn't mean a player is necessarily going to have successful pro career, but the recent US Open girls' champion Samantha Crawford is incredibly powerful, both with her serve and from the back of the court.

It will be interesting to see how she progresses over the next few years.
I didn't put up WS, Davenport and Pierce since I am already sure that they hit harder than any of these.

This list was for players I wasn't sure about.
dangalak is offline   Reply With Quote