View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #47
Cheetah
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by boramiNYC View Post
any time you set your feet for a stroke you land on the heel and pushing off happens either the big toe side of the ball of the foot or the big toe itself. so there is the transition. timing and smoothness of this movement of the feet is very well controlled for pros. rec players not so much. I'll see if I can find a footage but basically everyone does it.
Ok but I don't see it. What I see is a deliberate plant of the foot and usually there is an actual verifiable pause as they are either waiting or loading. Then the push come on the inside of the foot and maybe the big toe depending on shot / prep / angle. I don't see any heel to toe movement as you can see on the front leg of a 1hbh or even anything close to that.

If it's very important and everyone is doing it then it should be easy to find an example from any video. And running forehands don't count for obvious reasons.

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all as I'm here to learn and share things too but every time I ask you to provide video evidence of your observations you never come through.

So let's see it.
Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote