View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
boramiNYC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
Which fh are you referring to exactly? timestamp?

also from what i just saw there on the video the heel is touching the ground as well as the ball of the foot. it's flat. then there is a slight pause as he waits. that slight pause means no movement and no heel to toe transfer (as you can see on a 1hbh where there is no pause) After the pause due to him waiting and lining things up etc he loads his weight on the rear leg with his foot flat.

Now how can you tell me when his foot is flat that he is loading weight on the heel? How do you know that? You can't know that because it happens fast and once he loads he springs off it. If you read the tennisone articles or any other instruction site or watch vids they always say "load the weight on the inside of the foot on the inside of the leg". this means 'not on the heel'.
There are only a few Fh and he does the same on all of them. If the article says that I believe you are mis-interpreting it. I would think it means heel and inside of the ball of the foot. And it's pretty simple biomechanics. Weight on the heel engages the glutes and hamstrings properly for better control from the core and quicker reaction time. Any time the knee is bent and body is lowered the weight should be concentrated on the heel. For push off you transfer weight to the front of the foot.
boramiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote