View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #193
UCSF2012
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcore89 View Post
Well exactly, nothing's changed since the intro of Pure Drives!

Are we suppose to conclude that Barbie's elliptically-shaped 100s (100s--specific) nailed it? I doubt even with a downsized elliptical head, say down to 85 or 90, Barbies aren't gonna produce those monstrous spins. Just compare their 98s.

Anyways, as you say you're launching spinning forehands since you were 15, are you still doing the same or hitting it flatter these days?

From time to time I do the ''biceps curl'' forehand but I really like to whack it flatly most of the time.
I didn't have a monster topspin forehand. I had a monster forehand I couldn't control: won as many points as I lost. That was the 6.1 95 back in the late 90's. Today, I hit with more than ample topspin (ball visibly jumps on landing) but I'm trying to add flat shots to my arsenal. Flat is so much more consistent, and it takes less effort.

The most spin I've ever gotten on groundies came from the KPS88. My lighter frames like the Prestige Pro, EXO3 Graphite 93, and BLX 6.1 95 produced medium spin. This leads me to believe spin comes from mass, not the lack there of.
UCSF2012 is online now   Reply With Quote