View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #43
scotus
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJack View Post
Torres,

I completely agree. Even at 16g it's Dunlop Black Widow by a country mile. No contest at all. Been playing with the 18 gauge at 54 lbs in a Donnay Pro One, and its pretty effing sweet. Soft or no soft, I prefer it performance wise to my last textured poly fave, BHBR. I know you aren't big on lab testing, but in this case, the available test results agree with you. I've provided a cross section of the strings mentioned in this thread, the whole enchilada can be reconstructed here. Thought I'd share with the thread fwiw. BTW... how's your achilles tendon holding up?

-Jack

Sorry to bring back up this slightly dated thread.

But it seems that Dunlop Black Widow has been retested by TW University, and different numbers are showing with the new stiffness rating much higher than before.

With medium tension and medium swing speed, I am getting the stiffness of 220 for the 16 gauge.

Even on the arm-friendliness ranking, Black Widow seems to have gone down quite a bit with stiffness rated at 193.

Does anyone know whether Black Widow has been reformulated recently? Or how else to interpret this change?
scotus is offline   Reply With Quote