View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #10
tedescm1
New User

Smile Yonex VCORE 100 S

Brittany,

Could you please give me your opinion on which of the following racquets was the most arm friendly? The Pure Drive is a arm killer.

1. Donnay Formula 100
2. Volkl Organix v1 mid
3. Yonex VCORE 100 S

Also, are the Volkl Organix v1 mid and Volkl Power Bridge V1 Mid very similar?

Tx,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW Staff View Post
ductrung3993,

Both Pure Drive versions were measured using our same RDC machine. I haven't hit with the 2011 version (but I did use a previous version about 6 years ago). I do know with the 2012 version that the 308 swingweight is right where I like those specs to be. It is very maneuverable and I had no trouble with stability against hard hitters.

On to serving question between the Donnay Formula 100 and Babolat Pure Drive 2012. I enjoyed serving with both racquets for different reasons. With the Babolat, I think I was serving the biggest I have ever served in my life. There was lots and lots of easy power. I was able to direct it to exactly were I wanted to go. The Donnay Formula 100 was also a joy to serve with. It was a little bit more comfortable to serve with. I didn't think I got as much power as the Pure Drive but enough to be adequately satisfied. I did notice I was able to hit a variety of serves better with the Donnay. I found I could hit slice and kick serves with confidence.

For me, the Yonex VCORE 100 S has the perfect combination of power and control. I was able to get power with ease whether I was on the offense or reaching for a ball on the defense (with of course some extra spin!). I absolutely loved this racquet on my serve. I was able to get a good mix of flat, powerful first serves and lots of spin for reliable second serves (basically the perfect combo of the Babolat and Donnay). When I picked up the racquet for the first time, I immediately felt comfortable with it.

Brittany, TW
tedescm1 is offline   Reply With Quote