View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #39
obsessedtennisfandisorder
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
As a pakistan fan, i do slightly agree with ark.
i do agree that australia didnt actually go for many big shots, hell they didnt even make that many singles(rotating the strike), as hussey did hit a few fours especially of last over from shoaib malik/hafeez, then hit 1 four of gul in last over,
but at the start watson/warner did try and play shots, but as they fell quickly- australia just went to thr target (112).

I also felt that they didnt try and go for big shots after top 2 got out was because the track did suit pakistan spinners---- also the aussie middle order hasnt faced really anything, relied heavily on top 2

good semis, windies v aussies- will be about big hitting..batting match (1st match was like that but it rained and blew windies chance), both teams are reliant on top 2 scoring quickly, time for k.pollard to prove himself as batsmen (average 4).

pakistan v sri lanka - will be about containing,/bowling match. they have thr new spinner/mendis- mendis has a very poor record against us, also malinga v gul - whos got the better yorker/death bowling. Both teams look like they can collaspe in batting

prediction australia v pakistan final
yep..australia clearly have improved and begun a proper plan around 20/20 cricket and genuine 20/20 type cricketers...eg Warner/Watson...something India could learn from