View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #535
BigServer1
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRII View Post
I pretty doubtful regarding the new Iphone's durability. The new one just isn't as tuff as the last one...
You claim that people who buy apple products are uninformed, yet you post this?

The iPhone 5 is FAR more durable than the iPhone 4/4S. It beat out the GSIII in multiple drop tests from multiple sources, and the ifixit guys posted a video where they dropped the 5 multiple times on a tile floor, and the screen didn't crack until they borderline threw it on the ground from 5+ feet up.

You can say that you personally find it cheaper feeling (I disagree with this personally), or that the anodized aluminum on the black is more prone to scratching or scuffing (this I agree with), but this is a far more durable phone than the iPhone 4(S) in terms of withstanding drops and not shattering or breaking.

Gizmodo

Quote:
In fact, both tests show that you basically have to actively try to break your phone to cause any serious damage. It also, for what it's worth, holds up much better than the Galaxy S III (below). That's no excuse to start throwing your iPhone 5 around like a $200 on-contract football, but you can rest assured that this year's model isn't made of glass, literally or figuratively.
BigServer1 is offline   Reply With Quote