View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #539
BigServer1
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRII View Post
WTH would I claim people that buy Apple products are uninformed when I own several myself !!!

Sorry but I consider finish just as important, if not more important, when it comes to durability. Scrathes and ding events have a much higher probability of happening than the screen shattering events. The new Iphone's finish, especially in black, is just poorly executed. Again, aluminum was a bad choice; at least in the way Apple chose to finish or seal it...
Should have said "iPhones" not apple products in general. That's my bad.

Someone mentioned "the drop test" being important and you said: "pretty doubtful regarding the new Iphone's durability. The new one just isn't as tuff as the last one..."

Again, the post you responded to was specifically talking about drop durability, which is light years better on this phone than on the 4 or 4S. This is proven by every drop test and every comparison done so far. In addition, we've seen the iPhone 5 last longer and hold up better than top Android phones, even in tests performed by Android specific website.

As for scratches and dings...Every phone gets these. Some might be more prone than others (and the black iPhone may well fit in this camp), but my black iPhone 5 was flawless out of the box, as was my wife's white iPhone, and so far in nearly two weeks of use there aren't scratches or scuffs on either phone. If you take a set of keys or a knife or sharp object to any phone, it will scratch, iPhones included. Fwiw, people who had issues right out of the box have been able to return their phones for new ones that aren't damaged.

Side note, the HTC One X is incredibly prone to scratches, both on the screen and on the body. The reason you didn't hear about it was because 6 million people didn't buy/preorder the HTC One X in the first 48 hours it was available, so it wasn't big news. Any time Apple does something, good or bad, it's national news. It's the reason why we have so many "___gates", and why so many people hate the iPhone.
BigServer1 is offline   Reply With Quote