View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #60
veroniquem
Talk Tennis Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan77 View Post
Fed is a better player indoors. I agree. However, both Novak and Roger didn't play the Asian swing last year. Djokovic, if he wins China Open, will win extra 500 points (it's very likely as the field is very weak there. The only player that might challenge him there is Tsonga but his form is questionable right now. Remind you he never lost a match in Shanghai and won the title twice.

p.s. this is my re to Veroniquem
I'm gonna assume you meant Beijing there? Because Djoko has never won Shanghai. I know Djoko was injured last year, still, in Paris he did well once and that's it. All other times (6 to be precise) that Djoko participated in the event, he didn't even make the semi. He's also reached WTF final only once in 5 participations vs Fed who reached the final almost every single time he's played it. So I don't think it's a given AT ALL Djoko will manage to snatch #1. Personally, I totally hope you're right because I firmly believe that whoever does best in slams should finish the year as #1, it just seems "fair" that it should be this way. But this year is tight and it is undeniable Fed has a non negligible chance to pull it off.

Last edited by veroniquem : 10-03-2012 at 01:28 PM.
veroniquem is offline   Reply With Quote