View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
LuckyR
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushing_wins View Post
i was planning to burn my racquets after the match if i had been competitive.

my body moved as one piece. my arm and whole right side felt like a rigid piece of wood. kinetic chain was not existent. i was over-running short balls.

i played for 4 more hrs after the match. i was hitting fine against same level of player (by looking at their tournament result).

i dont know whats worse - being a choker or lacking the innate qualities. maybe both?!

I get it. Take a step back and look at it this way: everyone expects that you would have less nerves just hittin' aroun' with your buds as you would in a match that you cared about, right? That is a given. The unknown is how much these nerves are going to impact your game. Maybe a lot, maybe a little. That is not choking, that is typical, expected, matchplay nerves, stagefright, whathaveyou.

You can lessen that over time with experience, yoga, hypnotism, whatever. Hell, if Murray is doing it, why would you expect not to be dealing with it?

Choking is when (even with your matchplay nerves) you are dominating, then do a 180 and lose abruptly.
LuckyR is offline   Reply With Quote