View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #55
10ismom
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soianka View Post
I am just saying I think she is already scheduled for this as they sent an advertisement to my email today about the AO wildcard tournament in December in Atlanta.

Taylor was on the advertisement.
I hope that she is playing this AO wildcard tournament and win it....prove to people that she has what it takes to get to the next level.
However, IMO I am still not sold that she is ready.

I remember 2 years ago when Lauren Davis won both Orange Bowl, Eddie Herr and Yucatan Grade 1 coming into the AO wildcard with 18 matches winning streak and won the wildcard. Her Fairy Tale story ended when she lost first round to 5th seeded Sam Stosur 6-0, 6-0 at the Australian Open.
I still remember...... Lauren was quite gung ho giving her pre-AO interview that she will play aggressively and DICTATE the points with Stosur.
Moral of this story is.......even with someone quite dominating the Juniors, it will take a lot of work and quite sometime to get to that next level......to be a money making pro or a Grand Slam contender.

P.S. For Lauren Davis now, 2 years after that AO wildcard, I believe she just made it into the top 100 WTA ranking so.......Congratulations!!!

Last edited by 10ismom : 10-03-2012 at 05:01 PM.