View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #56
Soianka
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10ismom View Post
I hope that she is playing this AO wildcard tournament and win it....prove to people that she has what it takes to get to the next level.
However, IMO I am still not sold that she is ready.

I remember 2 years ago when Lauren Davis won both Orange Bowl, Eddie Herr and Yucatan Grade 1 coming into the AO wildcard with 18 matches winning streak and won the wildcard. Her Fairy Tale story ended when she lost first round to 5th seeded Sam Stosur 6-0, 6-0 at the Australian Open.
I still remember...... Lauren was quite gung ho giving her pre-AO interview that she will play aggressively and DICTATE the points with Stosur.
Moral of this story is.......even with someone quite dominating the Juniors, it will take a lot of work and quite sometime to get to that next level......to be a money making pro or a Grand Slam contender.

P.S. For Lauren Davis now, 2 years after that AO wildcard, I believe she just made it into the top 100 WTA ranking so.......Congratulations!!!
It's hard for me to imagine Taylor being almost old enough to play a full schedule of WTA tournaments.

I remember her from a couple of years ago she was just a young local girl who was very talented, and now she is almost 17.

Wow, they really grow up fast.

It's completely amazing to how far she has come in the last 2.5-3 years. She is a tremendous talent and it will be exciting to see her play on a bigger stage, but she really is just a girl.

It's just hard for me to think of her as a WTA player just yet.

As for Lauren, that is great news that she has made it into the top 100. Her short stature is another thing that might make a top pro career more challenging for her, but it is nice to see some young Americans do well.

Last edited by Soianka : 10-03-2012 at 07:17 PM.