View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #519
cliffgeo
New User

Hi everyone! New to the boards and just ordered two of these bad boys... I've been playing with Pure Storm GT's leaded up to around 11.9 oz with Sonic Pro17 at 53# or Intellitour 17 at 57/55 and really like the playing characteristics, head shape and performance, but they are extremely "twangey"... even with the O dampener I get a high pitch audible vibration that drives me nuts. Maybe the woofer system... I also play with Dunlop 4d 200 tour's which are sold, but just not a fan of the narrow elongated hoop shape.
For me the beam width/head shape/throat length have to "feel" and look right to my eye, and I tend to like a shorter throat, squareish head and 21-22mm beam width, it's a mental thing I guess... After reading and researching every single Bab, Head, Dunlop, Vokl, Prince, Wilson racquet I stumbled on the YY's and the 200 specked out to my liking as I am looking for a softer players frame with the above characteristics that I can play stock at around 340 g with just an over grip and dampener. This is a no-demo "gut" buy but at $89 it's hard to go wrong...I can't wait for the UPS truck!

I am going to try the MSV Focus Hex mains at 50 and Prince SG Duraflex crosses at 48 as I've read about this racquets fondness for lower tension set-ups... Anyway just wanted to say "hi" and I will definitely post my feedback after a few sessions.
cliffgeo is offline   Reply With Quote