View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
Nostradamus
Legend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TW Staff View Post
@Nostradamus,

No, not a silly question. I would say the V1 is really similar to the PD on serves. I really love how I can bang serves with the PD and not lose any of the control that I find so important, and I felt like I got the same qualities from the V1. It is a little lighter so you might find it slightlyyyyy less stable on some of the bigger serves because it doesn't have the weight behind it (this isn't a huge issue, you just might notice that difference from the PD). I had a little chat with Britt about it, and we both agreed that the strength of the V1 is the control and power on a flat serve over a spin serve, although it does handle spin well. Another thing to note is that the V1 is less stiff than the PD so it's a little nicer on your arm, particularly something I noticed on serves if you have a stiff poly in it.

@Bruce,

From your description on what you're looking for, I really suggest trying the V1. It definitely has the qualities you want as well as the comfort that other stiffer racquets like the PD are lacking a little sometimes. If you've got arm problems then play around with the strings a little, although you definitely are starting at a good, arm-friendly point with the V1. Let me know what you think after a playtest!

Siobhan, TW
Thank you so much for the feedback. I just want to say Siobhan, you and Brittany are worldclass players doing the playtest. TW is so lucky to have you guys. I can clearly see you guys are just 1 notch below WTA professional level. Your shot making is so beautiful to watch in the playtest. I just wonder if you and Brittany played a match, who would win ? Just kidding, i know girls don't like being compared. Anyway, your swing mechanics are Picture Perfect. Federer would be proud.