View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #57
The Dark Knight
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknobman View Post
I can give credit to his achievment because he is a great player and he has accomplished great things.

What I cant do is somehow try and deduce that he is greater than players who have achieved far more or somehow try and twist logic to say that he is greater because he has managed to achieve what he has "in spite of his health/physical condition". You see his physical problems are a direct result of the way he plays the game which in itself takes away from his greatness. His physical problems are not an excuse why he has not won more but rather the opposite. He would have won more if he had been a better tennis player. Rafa is a great competitor more-so than a great tennis player.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and ones opinion should not be forced on someone else.

You are free to think Fed is the goat and I am free to think that Nadal is the goat.

Debate is like sex .....it's something that should be enjoyed by two consenting adults.

But what you are doing is not debating . You are rather stomping your foot down like a 12 year old child trying force the other to think your way.

What Nadal has achieved in such a short time is truly incredible......no one has achieved so much so quickly before .

You are free to choose Federer as the goat. There's nothing wrong with that and it's quite a logical choice. But that doesn't mean you have to disparage a player because others think he is greater than Federer.

Last edited by The Dark Knight : 10-04-2012 at 08:41 PM.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote