View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #65
0d1n
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
Odin, you better check your reading comprehension skills again....
We're basically saying the SAME thing.
However, I can't say what you based your answer off of, but my basis is from having 5.5-7.0 women to practice and hit with, while I was still a C player, or 3.5, who made A/Open 3rd rounds by the end of that year. In case you don't understand, that means in April, I played my first C tourney, got to finals and lost. By Oct., went 3 round in Pleasanton's A/Open.
If you wish, I can list a pretty high level of players who were my practice partners, my g/f's, or my buds, starting when I was a less than 3.5 ...CeciMartinez, a former top 10 ranked US woman's player.
I've re-checked my reading comprehension skills. They are fine .
I don't think we're saying quite the same thing. I am saying no 4.5 will take a game from any top 100 WTA woman unless he lucks out and hits 3 aces in a game. You are mentioning "SETS" as a possibility (although remote possibility). I am saying sets are NOT a possibility...ever.
I am taking it further and also saying that any 14-15 yo girl who has realistic chances of making it to the WTA will mop the floor with any 4.5. The 4.5 will win games, but not sets, unless the kid has a really bad day and is also being "childish" in her choices.
Any 14-15 yo BOY who has realistic chances of making it to the ATP, will beat 4.5's 12-0, 18-0, 24-0 ...etc in 90 percent of their matches. Again...4.5's with huge serves might get isolated games if they luck out and hit aces. Otherwise...fat chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
There was a Tennis Mag article a few years ago where a 4.0 guy took on an accomplished 12 yr old girl and took a beat down.

Sandbagger!
Nah...I play competitively but still in amateur leagues, similar to the ones you have. Not a sandbagger, just passionate about tennis and more aware about these NTRP ratings and what they mean than many Americans (it seems) .