View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #86
anubis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ray View Post
Haha, some ppl are so passionate about their equipment preferences. To me it doesn't really matter what I use or what my opponent uses, its about winning, results, and enjoying the game. Who really cares what Fed, Djoker, Nadal, Murray, etc., are using, its about their results.

The guy who said arm orgasms matter more that where the ball ends up sounds pretty weird, lol. The part about racket feel being better than sex is just plain over-the-top crazy talk. But I guess we should just let ppl enjoy the game however they want to - It doesn't matter if he just bageled himself hitting the ball into the net, he just got some!

Agree.

--------------------------------

These kind of threads pop up there pretty often and the topic seems to be mostly about tweeners vs classic frames. When I see ppl singling out Babs and saying only Babs suck, it seems like it has more to do with Fed fans being anti-Nadal.
+10internets

For me, its all about results. I also don't care what racquet someone uses. Games at the rec level, from 3.0 all the way up to 5.0 are won by keeping the ball in play. If you can't hit the ball in, then you can't win games -- simple as that. Therefore, you should choose the equipment that best allows you to keep the ball in.

Frankly, I don't understand why everyone thinks a "powerful racquet" is a big deal. IMO, you generate power through appropriate form and technique. I can hit the ball just as deep with a Babolat or a low-powered Head Prestige, just by adjusting the technique. In fact, my entire setup is low powered: Head Radical MP with low-powered syn gut strung @ 62 lbs. I have no difficulties hitting it deep when its necessary to do so.

Therefore, I think its wrong to choose a racquet solely on power alone, since you can get just as much power from any racquet. Your first order of business should be "can I keep the ball in?". If you can't, then you need to look at a lot of factors (in this order): 1. technique 2. string tension 3. racquet

Just my .02.
anubis is offline   Reply With Quote