View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #310
dangalak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_pro View Post
Roddick made the overhead look like a routine shot, while Sampras had to introduce needless acrobatics to get more credit. Anyway, I'm not saying that Sampras had a weak smash, not by any means, he had an excellent overhead, just think that Roddick and Federer have better.
There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Roddick had a better overhead than Sampras. Federer also isn't aas decisive with his putaways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFifthSet View Post
Let's be real here. Federer is an infinitely better at the service line, and better at the net, but he's not better at the baseline. Agassi is arguably the greatest from the baseline of all time (or up there).
Doesn't move well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberttennis54 View Post
Disagree with that. Federer is better from the baseline than Agassi on every surface. Federer is faster, has more power, better passing shots, better forehand and a better slice. Agassi has a better and more steady backhand.

EDIT
Back on topic it's hard to vote.

Sampras was stronger and could jump higher. As I said before speed is hard to choose, but probably edge to Federer. Federer is fitter too and more agile. If they had to compete in a Decatholon, my money would be on Sampras.
His backhand was way weaker. Their FH are close.
dangalak is offline   Reply With Quote