View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Lil123
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
I think SA has an important point; that testosterone goes down with age probably is beneficial to longevity. A friend of mine went on androgel in his 50s after a divorce (yeeehahhhh!) and a few years later was diagnosed with metastatic prostate cancer. He now his lesions in bones and is expected not to live long. Androgens promote the growth and spread of prostate cancers, which ordinarily tend to spread or grow quite slowly in men over 50.
A sad story to be sure and one that illustrates the importance of having the prostate checked (PSA and the old fashioned way) before undergoing T therapy. ..That said, the studies are pretty compelling: Where no prostate cancer exists before Testosterone replacement Therapy, there is no evidence that T therapy will cause prostate cancer. ..Allowing very low T levels to go untreated IS highly correlated with osteoporosis, cognitive functioning, depression, energy level (inc. one's inclination to exercise), etc..

..In my own case, I saw Univ. of Pennsylvania primary care physician, endocrinologist, and urologist And had a brain and testicle MRI before commencing with the Androgel. ..I definitely didn't enter into this lightly as those who would simply seek out some whacky anti-age doc. My goal isn't to persuade people to undergo T supplementation, but rather to encourage those with similar symptoms to discuss Low T with their docs.
Lil123 is offline   Reply With Quote