View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #94
BobbyOne
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
Thanks, we all agree on disagreeing from time to time tough most of us share the same vision and pretty similar background.

I honestly think that, in terms of talent, Vines was a better player than Kodes.But look at it the other way; Kodes achieved a lot being less talented than the all time greats and that deserves IMO, great respect and admiration.

Only Laver and Rosewall had a better return, specially off the BH side until Connors arrived.Kodes return could even weak down a gunner like Newcombe or Smith, both terrific servers.probably, only Laver and Rosewall could be, either flashier or steadier, but he got to their level, almost.
I agree that we all disagree from time to time or in special cases. But I plead for a certain agreement of all posters and experts on a few basics: For instance that the top players of today are not stronger than those of earlier decades. Or that Laver, Rosewall, Tilden, Gonzalez, Borg, Sampras and Federer should be ranked among the top ten. Or that Emerson is overrated and not among the top 15. Or that K. Kozeluh, Nüsslein, Kovacs, Segura, Gimeno and Roche are underrated....
BobbyOne is offline   Reply With Quote