View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
BTURNER
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankc View Post
I mean it - I enjoy the posts on former players and the former game immensely. Thanks all...
My problem, and it really does bother me, is that I can find little enjoyment in the modern pro game. For example, I used to tape and watch and eat up the Slams years ago. I'd work all day, come home , pop in the tape, and be all eyes and ears. And the US Open late night sessions - just a blast to anticipate. Fact is, I (this does bother me) I did not watch one match in its entirity during the last US Open!!!

I enjoy the posts here, and I thought this might be a good place to look for therapy. My need - for you who really know and enjoy the pro game, what should I learn to appreciate about the present male/female pro game? As a lover of our game, what do I need to tune into the enjoy the talent and evolution of today's game?

My background - I revel in the game of the 80's - late 90's.

Thanks for reading this - any tips might really let me see what a lover of the game really appreciates today... Thanks
I'd love to help, but I haven't finished a tennis match from 2012 either. You don't want my advice. We have the same viral infection, my friend. My bet is that the contagion is common in former player talk.
BTURNER is offline   Reply With Quote