View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #157
Prisoner of Birth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
That's what goat may mean to you and I respect it.

However that's not at all what it means to me and I ask you to respect that as well.

To me the greatest player that ever lived means that no one else could beat them. It's really simple.

Yes Federer is 31 today and its incredible . The man has not lost a step. He is as great as he ever was . In fact he says he is playing the best tennis of his life.

Furthermore , Federer at 31 is I'm far better shape than Nadal is at 26.

Nadal has in my opinion done far more in reality than Federer. Nadal has won more with less opportunies. He has won 11 slams but skipped I think 6 plus the Olympics.

By coincidence the number of slams Federer has is also 6 more than Nadal but at 31 he has never missed a slam an has had way more opportunities . Fed has even had more opportunities at the Olympics but never could win .

Add to that Nadal has beaten Fed in slams on grass and hard while Federer has not even come close to touching Nadal at the FO.

Yeah Fed has his 17 on paper but that's all he has over Nadal.....nothing else. Feds 17 slams mainly happened becaise he avoided Nadal.

This is the first time in history that the number one is dominated by his main rival......so you really can't use generalities like most slams becaise this situation is an exception to the general rule.

And it's a pretty glaring exception. Federer has been very fortunate in his career to avoid Nadal......very fortunate indeed.
1. The Olympics mean NOTHING compared to the Grand Slams as far as achievement in Tennis goes.

2. Federer is NOT playing his best Tennis? Have you, like, started watching Tennis in late 2010?

3. Davydenko and Rosol have winning head-to-heads against Nadal. So he can't be the GOAT by your logic.

4. Federer's got 17 Slams. 17. Seventeen. Seven... teen... That is all.
Prisoner of Birth is offline   Reply With Quote