View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
BruceG
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveI View Post
I am guessing you are getting no feedback on this since there is a TON of info out there on this frame. The customer feeback listed with the frame is almost too much to read.. and if you use the search engine here you can find again.. a TON of info. This frame has been out there for about 20 years..so I bet a great # of players have experience with this frame. Steve Huff is very much an expert with this frame. Maybe drop him an e-mail.

Short review... great overall frame.. Lighter player's frame. Great off the ground.. great control and COMFORT. Folks have reported a lack of power on the serve. Great volley stick. String with Nat Gut about 52.. and the frame is amazing. Does everything pretty good... and not really any wow factor. Good strokes in...good performace out. You cna get these used for about $65.00.. and $119.00 used. Been a best seller for PK and TW forever!!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feed...tml?pcode=P5G2

Good Luck..
Steve
Steve,

Thanks very much for the review, it was greatly appreciated.

I have done a lot of searching on this site and even tried a Google advanced search for only this domain ('5G' being too few characters to work in a TW search). However, there really isn't a lot of information that has any particular depth to it. People talk about it as arm-friendly but they very, very, very rarely go beyond that and no-one seems to get into the nuts and bolts of how it performed on court for them. That's what I was looking for.

As for the customer feedback on the TW site,it seems to me that people post when they're either in the honeymoon phase or when they've only had limited experience of the racquet. Either way it doesn't give me much to go on. That's where I was hoping the TT forum would help fill in the gaps.

I'll send Steve Huff an email though; thanks for that suggestion and your review.
BruceG is offline   Reply With Quote