View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #93
Timbo's hopeless slice
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa4Ever View Post
lol, you guys have no idea. Any top junior or even a decent one would decimate a 5.0. We go through so much training and are sick of hearing old men talk about how they are a 5.0 and must be super good. If you are actually good you don't need some number to say so. Go and play matches at an open level and see how you do. I don't care how you were 30 years ago, guess what?, you're old now and you CANT do that anymore so it doesn't matter. You are probably putting whatever memory you had of yourself on steroids as well. So please when it comes to Junior players and how we talk about the adult 5.0 super gods please just don't event comment.
as I believe I mentioned, most of the open tournaments I play in are chock full of 'top juniors'

It is a different level for them after Junior tournaments, though, and they seldom make it past the second or third rounds.

Fortunately, most of them are expecting this, although we do get the odd superhero who thinks he is going to dominate all the 'old men' on account of all the 'training' he does.

(because an adult open player NEVER practices or anything, obviously, what with being old and stuff.)

Last edited by Timbo's hopeless slice : 10-06-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Timbo's hopeless slice is offline   Reply With Quote