View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #28
Evan77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerFan1991 View Post
Well, i dont think this anlysis is too realistic: Federer played just one more tournament than djokovic, and that tournament is an atp 500, while djokovic played two more masters, so big difference of points there, the atp says federer played 16 including the 2 davis cup play-offs federer played, so realistically roger played 14 tournaments and nole 13.

Another thing is federer has won more tournaments than djoko, so its not realistic to say nole had a much better year than fed as you say.

Also, federer played two matches best of five vs netherlands soon after us open, and he won them in straights, dont think he's gonna be with lack of play.

And you should take in consideration that djokovic has been playing so much, he played consecutively olympics, toronto and cincinnati, reacheing the final of the las two, then a 5-set final vs murray at us open, then beijing, whilr federer has managed his calendar in a better way, not playing toronto nor beijing, and he lost early in the us open.......so i wouldnt be surprised if a tired nole suffers a few shock defeats in coming tournaments.
I'm really not sure what part you don't understand. Fed can NOT gain any points in Basel, Paris and WTF even if he somehow manages to win all 3 tournaments. Neither Djokovic or Fed played in Shangai last year so they will both gain points there, but with Novak's cake draw in Shangai I doubt he'll lose before the final. Novak can only gain points in all tournaments left to be played in 2012. If you look at the trend, as I said already, Djokovic reached F/SF or won in all tournaments he entered this year except Madrid (lost in QF). That's why he is leading the race by 1500 points. Yes, theoretically he could lose early in all tournaments left to be played but it's very unlikely based on his current form, fitness and overall performance this year.

I do understand that as a Fed fan you want Fed to end up as #1, but it is not very realistic.
Evan77 is offline   Reply With Quote