View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #20
The Dark Knight
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_skippy View Post
It's not like Prince already had this type of system in production about 6 months ago, and had a junior using it since before Wimbledon.

Also, can't see how less (cross) strings can be patented by Wilson unless the frame contains other technology; but then why call it part of an existing line and not a separate new line.

Regards

Paul
I agree and I don't know how Vortex patented its pattern either . They claim the pattern is "V" shaped??? But I don't see how you can patent that either ?

I think the reality is you can patent anything . The patent office is more than happy to take your money and patent anything .

However if the patent is challenged then you have a problem. Wilson basically has copied Vortex and I don't think Vortex can do anything about it . If vortex sues Wilson then wilson will defend itself by saying that Vortex created nothing unique and the racquet should never have been patented in the first place.

R.I.P. Vortex.