View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #31
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2473 View Post
^^ Guess I basically just said what PP said in the above post. I am the guy with poor technique winning matches at 4.5 and below, but will probably never be able to beat "good players".

This is my style of play. I hit with a RIDICULOUS amout of topspin.

My gameplan is not to hit winners. I'm really a "secret pusher". My opponent can track down most every shot I hit. I just bank on the fact 1) I'm fitter than he is; 2) He will get impatient as he gets physically and mentally tired of running down my looping topsin (and hitting so many balls at shoulder height or higher).

But I do get into trouble when I face guys that know how to deal with this. Then I have to cut down on the spin and hit through the ball more. I make more errors and I normally lose.

As an aside, I'm 215lbs. and nearly 40 years old. I love to watch guys 50lbs. lighter and nearly half my age get tired
I played a guy like this last night..pretty fit, but he is a slicer. what I did was hit heavy arcing topspin to one corner and used the topspin to place it as precisely as possible. He would scramble over and return it, and then I would just hit the same exact shot to the opposite corner. It was hilarious seeing these arcing moonball shots hitting for clean winners.

I found that I only try to hit hard and through people if i have to now. against guys that take your pace away there is no need to hit that hard, so what you are doing simply works. The trick is to be able to hit through the ball as well since you can not play the low pace style against big hitters.
Power Player is offline   Reply With Quote