View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #71
dizzlmcwizzl
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongolmike View Post
Ok, you said it a bit differently... the point is the same tho...

-IF you play in the post season you will get benchmarked.

-IF you play in the post season you are presumably a good player and near the top of your band. You will be benchmarked AND your dynamic rating will improve as you advance. Your dynamic rating can change match by match even.

-IF I played a player in the regular season who later played successfully in the post season, this will have an upward effect on my end of year rating.

So you can get a benchmark if you do well in the post season... so its not the benchmark that effects ratings, but the fact you advanced in the post season.

Post season matches=change in your dynamic rating and a benchmark= change in your regular season opponent's end of year algorithm
Just to be clear ... playing well in the postseason did not necessarily "help" my rating. Last year during the regular adult season I went 19-1 and then in district and sectionals I went a combined 7-2. I was early start rated up to 4.5 at the end of the season. However, one of the the two teams I lost to at sectionals got smashed at nationals ... their results moved me back down. Of course I don't know, but I suspect if I had not played at sectionals last year I would have been moved up at year end. Therefore playing in the postseason actually likely "hurt" my rating.