View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #10
OrangePower
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by atatu View Post
This happened last month. I was playing is a 4.5 tournament and my opponent (really nice guy) started off the match playing with a Babolat APD. I went up 4-1 and then he switched to a 90's era Wilson midsize FPK Ultra type frame. I won the first set 6-2, and then he switched to an 80's Wilson aluminum frame, about an 80 inch frame. Suddenly he started playing better and I went down 0-2...I was thinking that I can't believe I'm going to lose this set to a guy using a 1980s aluminum frame. Luckily, I got back on track and went up 4-2, at which point he switched to an oversized Wilson Graphite Frame, not sure what it was, but it was a Wal Mart or Sports Authority type frame. He switched back to the Babolat at the end of the match, but I won the second set 6-3, I think. Anyway, the next day I asked him about it and he just said that golfers use different clubs, so he doesn't see why tennis players shouldn't use different frames.
You're lucky he didn't keep the progression going and switch to a 70's woodie after the 80's aluminum, 'cos he would have whipped you with that
OrangePower is offline   Reply With Quote