View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #51
goober
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0d1n View Post
Don't worry...that guy's videos generated huge discussions as well (a couple of years ago) with him being rated anything from 3.5 to 4.0 before somebody found out his name and dug up his record.
Surprise surprise he was a computer rated 5.0 as far as I remember.
New heroes are now rating this other guy a 3.5, 4.0....luckily for them he's not in North America to have a real NTRP record proving them wrong. But that's OK...they are wrong anyway ).
Just wanted to point out that his 5.0 rating was from a pretty long time ago. He played almost all doubles in Hawaii section with an ok record. His last singles USTA match was about 10 years ago. He doesn't have any competitive match play record in the last 5-6 years or so.

I would say it is safe to say that his current rating in Singles is probably not 5.0. He was one at one point. At the time he made the videos, I would have my doubts. If he entered an open tournament stateside that had a big draw (32+) I am not sure how well he would do.

I don't see what the big deal is- someone asked for an opinion on video ratings and what did you expect ? Everyone to agree? Like I said earlier that videos for rec players in the 3.5-4.5 range don't mean that much since their are so many other factors that go into winning than how you look on camera. We are all making a guess on limited information. Calling these players 3.5 and 4.0 is no more being a "hero" than calling them definite 4.5s or whatever is it?
goober is offline   Reply With Quote