View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #16
The Dark Knight
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCXL-Fan View Post
Weeks at no.1 maters in terms of consistency. You see Nadal is not that consistent on Hardcourt.

We constantly ding Federer for being less consistent on clay because he loses to Nadal on clay and doesn't reach 80% clay court tournament finals he entered into. So we must also ding Nadal for not being consistent on Hardcourt.
I don't want to turn this into a Fedal thing.

I want to actually consider all players as fairly as possible.

Sure my favorite player is Nadal....but I'm trying not to give in to my urge.

I'm truly trying to define goat.....

I think we first have to define what the term actually means in a general sense.

Does it mean the player with best record over the longest period of time? Then yes it's Fed......

But that's not what goat means to me.....to me it means that this person is the greatest player of all time meaning that he could beat anyone anywhere .......

That person could be djokovic for example except he doesn't have the FO....he is certainly on his way though.

I don't think there is a real answer to the real goat......meaning the BEST......someone who no one could defeat.

Mcenroe came awfully close. I think he had like 2 losses one year? He was basically unbeatable ....same as Jokers record almost.

Last edited by The Dark Knight : 10-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote