View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #55
Sky_Boy
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Just wanted to point out that his 5.0 rating was from a pretty long time ago. He played almost all doubles in Hawaii section with an ok record. His last singles USTA match was about 10 years ago. He doesn't have any competitive match play record in the last 5-6 years or so.

I would say it is safe to say that his current rating in Singles is probably not 5.0. He was one at one point. At the time he made the videos, I would have my doubts. If he entered an open tournament stateside that had a big draw (32+) I am not sure how well he would do.

I don't see what the big deal is- someone asked for an opinion on video ratings and what did you expect ? Everyone to agree? Like I said earlier that videos for rec players in the 3.5-4.5 range don't mean that much since their are so many other factors that go into winning than how you look on camera. We are all making a guess on limited information. Calling these players 3.5 and 4.0 is no more being a "hero" than calling them definite 4.5s or whatever is it?
The reasons why hi10spro drew so much criticism is becuz all the matches that he posted was singles.. had he posted videos with that rating on doubles, i believe criticism would be lesser.. he maybe rated 5.0 once long time ago but due to age rating will never stay the same permanently.. he refused to lower his rating..

Same as odin.. over inflated ego and very aggressive replies to all that disagree with him over his rating
Sky_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote