View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
ga tennis
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTO10s View Post
totally agree with you ga tennis. It is very difficult to correct this problem of "breaking the plane" especially with girls. And it is definitely not an issue that involves strength as LeeD suggest. I saw a girl this weekend at an Southern L3 in Athens in G12 that as soon as I saw her I knew that she was a student of Heath. Waters. She must of been 10yo but hit with great intensity and great technique using this millenium forward style that you mention (which is basically the federer FH). Not sure what her name was but I think the initials where AM, but not sure and in fact I found out later that she does go to Strive academy.
Yep shes one of our girls.Three of them were there this weekend including my daughter. They are struggling now because they are doing it right.Its just hard watching them lose to the girls with terrible technique that play to win and keep the ball in play. It wont be long and our girls will be on another planet than the other girls.When you do it right it takes time to develop. Our girls are only 10 except one is 12 but she wasn't there.