View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #73
Justin-JP
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakPoint View Post
The standard 65 sq. in. wood racquet with the standard 18x20 pattern strung with the standard natural gut strings.

The reason why 85 sq. in. racquet are called MIDsize and 107 sq. in. racquets are called OVERsize is because 65 sq. in. racquets are the STANDARD size.
Sounds to me like you want the 'standard' from your generation to last forever. This is 2012, not 1980. You're also using a graphite racket with an open pattern in contradiction with your argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakPoint View Post
If that's true, then yes, it should be banned. But the thing is, I get just as much spin, sometimes even more spin, with 18x20 racquets as I do with 16x19 racquets. Why? Because I generate spin with my technique and not with my racquet or strings. I generate just as much spin with multis as I do with poly strings, which is why I don't use poly. I don't choose racquets because of string pattern because I can hit with as much spin with any pattern.
Everyone generates spin with technique, regardless of how slow or poor that form maybe. If you cannot produce more spin with poly, then well, it says something for your technique to develop racket head speed. I now understand why you feel bitter about tech enhancements; you'd love to make use of them (see the racket you have) but do not have the form to do so, and thus, poly et al should be banned.

Last edited by Justin-JP : 10-09-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Missed quote
Justin-JP is offline   Reply With Quote