View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #111
NTRPolice
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrysümmers View Post
if you cant follow the laws of the game, then you shouldnt be playing. if you go the whole match foot-faulting and the other guy doesnt call it, it is his problem; but no one should be throwing a hissy-fit for being called out on it, (granted it is a legit call).
There are 3 points im trying to make:

1) When a cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket, how often does that cop give you a ticket for every single thing they can? If a cop gives you 5 or more tickets you must have done something really wrong. Trust me, if they want to come up with things they can cite you for, they can.

2) Police and lines judges are "neutral parties" enforcing the rules equally across all people. How often does a player call a foot fault themselves? How often does a player call foot faults on their opponents when they themselves are winning?

3) Yes, he is entitled to call foot faults no one disputes that. It's lame given the circumstances, especially since how his opponent broke down, was totally unaware, and then ended up losing. It would be just as lame of me to call a clock on an old lady because she's taking too much time between serves and rushing her along and causing her to overly exert herself into double faulting 4 times in a row. Would you tell that old lady to "quit playing" and give me an award for being rule enforcer of the year? Of course not.