View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #79
Justin-JP
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakPoint View Post
And why should standards change? Aren't the standards for equipment in baseball the same in 2012 as they were in 1980? Isn't the size of the standard tennis court the same in 2012 as it was in 1980?

I don't produce spin with poly because I hit flat and I swing pretty fast. And I don't use poly because I don't want my arm to fall off and I want to be able to play tennis for the rest of my life.
Why should standards not change? We're not talking dimensions of the court but advancements in equipment technology used to play said sports. Every sport has seen some technological advancement, no matter how small, and will continue to do so as companies push out their latest and greatest 'new' tech. Some are gimmicky and some work (poly), and some push it too far (spaghetti strings).

Anyways, you've killed your own argument by using modern tech and with a spin friendly open pattern to boot. Not only that, the only reason you're not using a poly is that is does not suit your style of play and is hard on your arm. You then begrudge anyone else's game where poly works for them. These are hardly valid reasons.
Justin-JP is offline   Reply With Quote