View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
WhereIsMacMac
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis View Post
What are you going for? Power? Control? What kind of racquet do you use? Figure out the recommended tension range for the racquet (it's written on the inside throat of your racquet, most likely) and use that as a guide.

since you were stringing @ 58 before, it sounds like you're going more for control than power. I'd keep your hybrid job @ the same tension: 58, see where that takes you. Its going to be tighter than full bed Xcel due to the nature of poly. You may find its too tight. If so, drop it by 2 lbs and see what happens.

if its still not tight enough, then raise it by 2 lbs. Always make 2 lb increments and avoid huge jumps.
I'm using a Pure Drive, definitely looking for more control. I don't think its a good idea to string it at the same tension because I had wrist issues? I'm afraid it may be too stiff for me? What do you think? Should I string it at 56 mains, 58 crosses?

And by the way, I'm basically a baseliner with a western grip. But I don't mind rushing to the net from time to time. I hope that helps and thank you for your feedback