View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
charliefedererer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Choi View Post
Thanks charlie helped me a lot. I went to my high school trainer and told her about it and how pain went down to my left thigh and she said it could be something called hernia on my disk or somethig like that. But ill check out those websites asap and start rehabilitation i guess you would call it.
If the pain is radiating down your left thigh then this type of pain is called sciatica:

"Sciatica is a common type of pain affecting the sciatic nerve, a large nerve extending from the lower back down the back of each leg.

What Are the Symptoms of Sciatica?

Common symptoms of sciatica include:

Pain in the rear or leg that is worse when sitting
Burning or tingling down the leg
Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
A constant pain on one side of the rear
A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often, the pain extends from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg. Depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected, the pain may also extend to the foot or toes.

For some people, the pain from sciatica can be severe and debilitating. For others, the sciatica pain might be infrequent and irritating, but has the potential to get worse."
- http://www.webmd.com/back-pain/guide/sciatica-symptoms

The sciatic nerve originates from many small nerve roots that exit the spinal column in the lower back.
The sciatic nerve then travels down the back of the buttocks to the back of the top of the leg, and then down through the center of the leg as the main nerve in the leg.

You mention one of the possible causes for this kind of pain - a hernited disc.

But there are other causes.

This is definitely something I would not fool around with.

I would make an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible to get checked out and see what really is going on.

This is not something that firm advice can be given about on-line. You should have a doctor advising you.
charliefedererer is offline   Reply With Quote