View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #4393
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

OK, here is my review in the TW format of the Wilson Sensation 16. Keep in mind this is with a brand new demo racket that I've never used before. I'll be labeling these reviews with a "B" designation on post #1.

I did not get to string this since it was a demo racket from a local store.

Tension it is strung: 60 pounds on an electronic machine full bed
Your regular string set up: Discho Microfibre 54 pounds full bed
String pattern of your racquet: 16 x 18
Power (or lack there of): Medium powered multi
Feel: Below average feel
Tension maintenance: I did not test it with RacquetTune but it seemed to drop ever so slightly with each use.
Price: $9.95
Overall comments and feedback: See below

General: This is just a ho-hum multi. It does not have any major weakness except touch shots but no real strengths either.

Serve/Return of Serve: I did not have the confidence to really rip returns. I typically tried deeper returns with plenty of net clearance and that worked OK.

Strokes: Decent spin on both wings. Depth control was a little hard to get dialed in. My forehand seemed to do well with this string but I really think it was more due to the new racket. I also served well with it.

Volleys: I don't think I missed a volley but I don't come up to net much anyways.

Touch shots: My drop shots were not finding the mark.

Softness: Feels fairly soft but again it could be that the Exo Tour is the softest frame out there.

Tension: Seemed about right for my game.

Durability: The strings looked like they had been barely used when I picked up the racket. I got 7 sets of singles and 1 set of dubs before they snapped.

Movement: String movement was terrible. OCD folks beware. One guy asked if I broke a string after one hit because the strings were so far apart.

Conclusion: There are better mid-priced multis out there than this one but it is a decent string nonetheless.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote