View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
AnotherTennisProdigy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 823
Default Is it possible to....

....get the same effect an American twist serve gets (kicks up and to the right) on a ground stroke? I was pondering on this subject and the more I thought about it the more curious I got. It would probably be impractical as a shot in a match, but I wanted to know if it could be done. The American twist is my favorite and best serve so I have a good understanding of its spin. However, I do could not do it no matter how much I adjusted my stroke.

So my mad tennis experiment amounted to nothing. Still, is it a possible shot? If so, how do you do it? If it isn't possible then my question is: why can you do it on a serve but not a groundstroke?
AnotherTennisProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote