View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #20
namja
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_screw View Post
If you have to ask people, maybe you should keep looking. I think you should start trusting yourself on what makes you feel comfortable.
Yup. Hence TRY/DEMO a racquet before buying one!

Also, if you like the way the PS100 feels, then you'll LOVE the way the PS95 feels. I used a 110 all through the 80s and early 90s. Then when I started working at a racquet club in 1995, I was able to demo about 20 different racquets (Wilson, Prince, Dunlop). I fell in love with the PS Classic 6.1 95. It helped that I was playing 4 hours of tennis a day, but it only took a couple of weeks to get used to the new size.

2 years ago, I switched to the PS90. This was a lot harder to adjust to than the 110 -> 95 adjustment, mostly because I'm a lot older now, and I only play once a week. But I absolutely love the feel of the PS90. I also have the nCode 6.1 95, which I pull out every now and then. I hit a lot better with the 95, but I love playing with the 90 much more. Much greater playing satisfaction. There's nothing quite like the feeling of hitting the sweet spot and ripping a forehand down the line. Maybe hitting a driver straight down the middle of the fairway 300 yards comes close. I've only done that like 10x in my lifetime (golf) whereas I hit a ripping groundstroke about 10x in one tennis session.

I'm not saying that you need to get something smaller. Simply that you shouldn't automatically rule them out just because of the head size. Try one. You might like it. If you don't, then you can get something bigger.